Ten Brown & James attorneys have been named to the 2022 Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers list. Another two have been named as Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars.
Each year, no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in a state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area.
The 2022 Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers from Brown & James lawyers selected for this credible, comprehensive, and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys are:
- David R. Buchanan, Kansas City (Personal Injury – Products: Defense)
- David P. Ellington, St. Louis (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense)
- Matthew G. Koehler, St. Louis (Construction Litigation)
- Corey L. Kraushaar, St. Louis (Personal Injury General: Defense)
- Brian R. Plegge, St. Louis (Personal Injury – Products: Defense)
- Robert S. Rosenthal, St. Louis (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense)
- Steven H. Schwartz, St. Louis (Business Litigation)
- Christopher J. Seibold, Kansas City (Civil Litigation: Defense)
- Peter F. Spataro, St. Louis (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense)
- Michael Ward, St. Louis (Appellate)
- Philip L. Willman, St. Louis (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense)
Rising Stars are chosen by their peers as being among the top up-and-coming lawyers. Lawyers must be 40 years old or younger, or in practice 10 years or less. Only the top 2.5 percent are named to the list.
- Taylor L. Connolly, Kansas City (Business Litigation)
- Tyler McElroy, St. Louis (Insurance Coverage)
The Super Lawyers lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers magazines and in leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country. Super Lawyers magazines also feature editorial profiles of attorneys who embody excellence in the practice of law.