Jackie Kinder is an experienced trial lawyer who has been with Brown & James for more than 10 years. She has tried several jury trials resulting in verdicts for her clients. She is a strong advocate for her clients in and out of the courtroom.
Prior to joining Brown & James, Ms. Kinder clerked for the Honorable Kathianne Knaup Crane on the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District.
Ms. Kinder focuses her practice areas on insurance law, premises and automobile liability, and construction cases. Over the course of her career she has represented insurance companies, businesses, and individuals in contractual and tort litigation.
Ms. Kinder has experience in all aspects of litigation, with a specific focus on bad faith and coverage in the insurance context and personal injury in the premises liability and construction context. This experience has provided her with extensive knowledge in these areas, which she utilizes in handling litigation and advising insurance companies and clients on the proper way to handle claims. In addition, Ms. Kinder has extensive experience in handling cases through trial in venues throughout the state of Missouri.
Favorable Jury Verdicts
- Adam Hall v. A-TLC Moving Company (October 2018)
- Ulrich v. Lloyds Enterprises, LLC d/b/a Big A’s on the Landing (September 2017)
- Flora v. Service Master Select (April 2017)
- Adkisson v. Western Utility and Thomas Cross (February 2017)
- Gentili v. Lakebrink (January 2017)
- Becker v. Spencer (July 2015)
- Stanley Sakabu v. Regency Construction Company (May 2015)
- Paul Dumey v. Jon VanMarter (May 2015)
- Jornel Williams v. Jacob Shepard and Breckenridge Automotive (March 2015)
- Anthony Arcese v. Daniel Schmitt and Company (September 2014)
- Williams v. Cherry Corp Inc. (September 2013)
- Fadler v. Tyler & Sons, LLC (July 2013)
- Rohen v. Servicemaster Select (February 2013)
- James Morris v. Essentia Insurance Company (January 2013)
- Scharnhorst v. Halvorsen (July 2012)
- Moore v. Pineville Bowling Center, LLC (January 2012)
- Adkisson v. Metro Materials, Inc. et al. (January 2012)
- Polk v. Denneke Company d/b/a Allstar Concrete Pumping (January 2011)
- Herbert v. D&R Leasing et al. (October 2011)
- Bowdish v. Twenty Seven-O-Five Holding Co., Spencer Creek Apartments LC, Melvin Rabushka Real Estate and Kleeschulte Inc. (March 2010)
- Houser v. Hartford Insurance Company (April 2008)
- Jian Ping Cai v. Holloway (April 2007)
- Peterson Transport v. Hoffman Plumbing (March 2007)