Taylor L. Connolly is a principal with Brown & James, P.C., practicing in the firm’s Kansas City office. Taylor practices in the areas of business and commercial litigation, construction law, insurance law, premises and retail liability, as well as product liability. In addition to representing and defending clients through all facets of complex civil litigation, Taylor is often called upon to represent clients against multi-party claims asserted pre-suit, and he has successfully resolved many of such claims in both Kansas and Missouri without the need for prolonged litigation.
Further, since 2018, Taylor has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers – a rating service recognizing lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Taylor has obtained multiple judgments in his clients’ favor through dispositive motion practice, ranging from successfully opposing class action claims to obtaining summary judgment in a personal injury action in which the alleged damages exceeded $900,000.
Taylor is routinely called upon to speak on such topics ranging from insurance litigation and effective claim handling practices to construction contracting. Additionally, Taylor volunteers his time in the Kansas City community in such organizations as the Greater Kansas City Claims Association, where Taylor served as a member of the Board of Directors from 2018-2021, and he is an active member of his parish at Holy Spirit Catholic Church.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit on grounds of res judicata and want of personal jurisdiction, defended dismissal on appeal, and ultimately obtained a Judgment from the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals affirming the trial court’s dismissal of action. Jehan Zeb Mir v. Jay Brown, et al., 2021 WL 2099548 (10th Cir., May 25, 2021).
- Argued before the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Western District of Missouri and obtained Judgment affirming trial court’s summary judgment entered in favor of client in malicious prosecution and abuse of process action. Paul Vescovo v. Chad Gardner, et al., 2020 WL 7702210 (Mo. App. W.D. 2020).
- Obtained dismissal of action after obtaining Order excluding three of plaintiffs’ liability experts from testifying at trial, and obtained award of costs in favor of client in property damage dispute in which plaintiffs sought approx. $130,000 in damages. Kirk Knabe, et al. v. Amazing Siding, et al., 16LF-CV00086 (Circ. Ct. Lafayette County, Mo., 2018).
- Obtained summary judgment in action claiming FCRA violations on behalf of prospective statewide class. John Thornburg, individually and behalf of all others, v. Jesse James Auto Center, Inc., 17CY-CV02951 (Circ. Ct. Clay County, Mo., 2018).
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of client in personal injury action in which plaintiff sought more than $900,000 in damages. Miller v. NEP Group, Inc. et al., 2017 WL 2151843 (D. Kan. 2017).
Knights of Columbus
Catholic Lawyers Guild of Kansas City