Brown & James, P.C. desires experienced litigation legal assistant/secretary possessing a positive attitude and strong work ethic, with the ability to work both independently and in collaboration with other legal assistants and lawyers.
Current openings are in our St. Louis, Belleville, and Kansas City offices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transcription of digital dictation
- Preparation of legal documents, including correspondence, pleadings, discovery (Interrogatories, Requests for Production, Requests for Admissions), subpoenas, motions, and pre-trial pleadings
- Performing electronic court filings (federal and state courts)
- Entering lawyers’ billable time into time keeping system
- Maintaining accurate calendaring of court- and client-imposed deadlines and appointments
- Filing printed court documents and correspondence
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Maintaining professional interactions with clients via email and telephone
- Other general secretarial tasks as assigned
Required skills include:
- Minimum 2 years litigation legal assistant/secretary experience
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal court deadlines (diary system)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. Desired experience with document management systems.
- Proficient using federal and state electronic court filing systems
- Knowledge of office procedures and legal terminology
- Possesses strong typing and proofreading skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple daily assignments
Please submit a resume to email@example.com.