Complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliatory discharge, and wage and hour violations against employers are on the rise. Regardless of efforts to prevent such employee actions, most employers face allegations at some point. Employers need seasoned counsel to protect their companies from these issues with minimal impact on their business. Our Employment Law Practice Group understands the outcome of a particular discrimination claim can substantially affect the employer’s business and will diligently work toward a resolution quickly and efficiently.
Our attorneys have experience in all facets of employment law. We represent employers in claims and lawsuits based on:
- Discrimination involving sex, race, national origin, religion, age and disability
- Wrongful termination
- Retaliatory discharge
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Breach of employment contracts, including employment covenants
- Compensation issues
- Whistleblower claims
- Workers’ Compensation retaliation
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act claims (FMLA)
Our employment lawyers work toward achieving a successful resolution of any claims before a lawsuit is filed or prior to trial. If trial is necessary, their experience includes successful jury trial verdicts against the most experienced employment plaintiffs.
Many of our clients are employers in the education, retail, food service and construction industries. The Employment Law Practice Group represents employers throughout Missouri, southern Illinois and eastern Kansas.
The Employment Law Practice Group represents employers before federal and state agencies in charges of discrimination and other statutory actions. They also consult with employers on:
- Governmental audits
- Termination matters
- Severance agreements
- Changes in employer policies and handbooks
- Employee training on discrimination matters