There are roughly 15.5 million trucks operating in the United States; approximately 2 million are tractor trailers. The country’s resources are dependent upon the transportation industry to ship goods where they need to be when they need to be there. Thankfully, the vast majority of dispatches are without incident; but when an accident happens, expert response and representation are essential. The Transportation Group is experienced in handling catastrophic accidents. Our team is 24-hour accessible for on-scene investigation, protection and consultation. We have a network of accident reconstructionists, independent adjusters, property appraisers and criminal defense lawyers who are committed to all-hours service.
Our practice group lawyers represent for-hire and private truck load and LTL carriers. We also represent passenger carriers and public transportation authorities in state and federal courts. Several of our lawyers have training and experience in the following:
- Computer-assisted drawings and demonstrative simulations (PC Crash)
- Biomechanics and injury causation
- Cargo claims, including Carmack Amendment issues
- Use and preservation of electronic control modules (ECMs), air bag control modules (ABMs), telematics, and electronic logging devices (ELDs)
- Accident reconstruction techniques
- Advanced trial techniques, including focus groups use, social media searches and combating “reptile” techniques